Tom Wesolowski comments on his trip to Haiti!
Richard, Denny, please accept my apologies for not responding back to you guys for these questions about our Haiti trip. But here goes anyways.
- I saw God placing Ron and Chris and myself in front of a family’s house at just the right time so someone could fix her front door so she could get into her home. She wasn’t able to enter her home prior to us walking by there and she still had all her belongings outside.
- I heard God saying to me personally that I should be doing more for people who have less than I do.
- Highlights of my trip were staying at the orphanage and meeting the kids there and building houses for families who were living in shacks. Oh yeh, I forgot, and Denny forgetting his passport.
- Lowlights were thr truck rides from airport to orphanage and from orphanage to airport. “OUCH”.
- I was least prepared for the truck rides of that length on the type of roads we traveled on.
- I wish there would have been more time to: obviously build more houses.
- Prior to arriving in Haiti, I wish I would have prepared a little more physically for the walking and carrying lumber.